Cheesy Turkey Pasta Bake
Today I decided to make a pasta bake! I’d been looking around the web trying to find something to cook and I found a recipe for Pasta Bake… So here’s my take on it!
First, Lets list the ingredients and their points!
|Light Butter||4 tbsp (60g)||6|
|Black Pepper||1/4 tsp||0|
|Cooked Turkey Breast||460g||4|
And a visual display of each of the ingredients!
Second, lets get cooking!
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Cook your Turkey using your preferred method! (I fry on a pan using spray oil)
- Cook the Pasta in salted water as per the packet instructions!
- While the pasta is cooking melt 3tbsp (from the 4tbsp) of light butter in a medium sauce pan on a low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, Add in the flour to it and mix together.
- Once mixed, then begin to add the milk a little at a time and whisk until smooth.
(Personally, I felt I didn’t get this a smooth as I’d like. Next time I think I’ll mix the flour with a little bit of milk at first and get that smooth and then mix it into the butter. If it work’s, I’ll come back and update the recipe!)
- Once smooth, add the Salt and Pepper and stir into the mix.
- Turn up the heat to medium and then add in the cheese. Keep stirring the mixture until all the cheese has melted in and you’re left with a nice gooey cheesy mix!
- Combine the Cooked Pasta, Ham, Turkey, Gooey Cheesy mix and Sour Cream together
- Grab a large oven dish and spray it with some 1 cal spray. Then evenly spread the mixture in the dish!
My dish is 9″ x 11″. After cooking this, I think a larger dish is needed so the next time I tackle this I’ll find a larger dish to use!
- Grab that last 1tbsp of light butter and put it over a low heat until melted
- Once melted, Add the Breadcrumbs and Parmesan to the mix. Let it brown for a couple of minutes
- Spread the Breadcrumb mix over the the pasta mix and then put the dish into the over for 30 minutes
- Once cooked, Dish it out, Sit back and Enjoy!
I’ve split mine into 6 portions which makes it’s 13SP per portion!
Lastly for this post, I’m just going to mention some things I’d do differently.
- The one thing I would definitely do differently next time is bulk this dish up!
Mixed Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms and any sort of veg you like. I’d add in a step to cook these and then add them to the pasta mix before spreading it in the dish.
- Personally, I felt that the sauce was a little too thick. I think this could be because I used the Sour Cream. Next time, I’ll use Fat Free Natural Yogurt instead. This will definitely help pull back the SmartPoints and I also think it will help make the mixture a little more runny.
- I also think another solution to the thickness of the sauce could be to add some Chicken Stock to the cheese sauce mixture.
- And as mentioned earlier, I’d use a larger baking dish!
Next time I cook this, If I feel any of this changes improve the recipe, I’ll come back here and update it!